Fantastic Flapjacks: A fun and fuss free recipe to make with little people.
You will need:
250g porridge oats
125g butter or baking margerine
2-3 tbsp golden syrup/honey/maple syrup
1. Melt the butter, then stir in the porridge oats and sugar.
2. Add the syrup or honey if your choice, mix thoroughly.
3. If you like, you can add a handful of dried fruit, chocolate chips, orange zest etc
4. Line a tin, scoop or pour in the mixture, and pay it down with the back of a spoon.
5. Bake on 180c for about 20 minutes, or until it starts to turn golden brown. Don’t worry if it still feels soft when you take it out of the oven, it will harden as it cools.
Top Tip from Dianne and Amber: We make double the mixture, because these freeze really well (wrap carefully before freezing) and are perfect to take out one piece at a time for packed lunches.
Recipe by Dianne from www.chicncheerful.co.uk who provide party and event catering across Kent, Sussex and London.